Thursday, May 15, 2008

Infinity

"Note, there is no difficulty in focusing our eyes to infinity; we do it all the time."

This sentence was stumbled over in my physics lab manual and while it speaks of relevant issues to the physics of light, I found it to be especially insightful. Quite literally, we do focus our eyes to infinity nearly everyday. We day dream. We slip deep into thought. We stare out over the ocean. We stare at the blue sky. We stare at our ceilings. It is natural. It comes naturally to us.
I am in the last year of schooling for my current degree. Since I have no idea what school will accept me into their physical therapy program, beyond graduating from this college the rest of my plan looks a lot like infinity. I can visualize the end that I am aiming for but everything in between looks like a yet formed molecular web. There are a few constants I hope to hang onto, a few luxuries I would rather not part with, but the goal is simply to reach the end, whichever end that shows up as. And honestly, considering what I am trying to do and how much work still lies ahead, it may as well be as far as infinity. So, I suppose, the take away lesson here is; relax, keep your eyes open, we do this all the time.

No comments: