Monday, July 7, 2008

Bark

So, I have been dog sitting. Some people say that a Massage Therapist cannot support him or her self entirely on massage. This is circumstantial. Many therapists keep their current job while they build their practice, how good a job they do building the practice will determine how long the day job sticks around. When I became all licensed I was living in a groups situation, single, not in school= plenty of time on my hands. I kept my day job as a part time gig because I liked it so much and accidentally started a little dog sitting business on the side. Note: if you dog sit for someone and you do a good job, they WILL tell ALL of their dog owning friends and those friends WILL call you. In the end, I was working three jobs. Its like I was saving to go back to school or something......
The point is, if you truly focus on building your massage practice, by working in a salon or clinic that is doing well, networking like crazy, getting involved in the massage community, etc. You can do massage and only massage and pay all of your bills. The dogs, however, are harder to get rid of than the day job. I have little to no internet while staying with Dog and have managed to catch a cold. Thus, my absence.
I am going to climb back onto the couch now and continue to prepare for a Spanish exam.
Hasta Tarde!

No comments: