Sunday, June 8, 2008

Prep for Life

So, it is finals week. I began studying at 1pm today and now, as it reaches 8:40, I find myself a pile of not so well contained bones on my couch. My head hurts. The upside to this round of finals is that it is one with circumstances that rarely occur. Both of my exams will be covering Physiology. All I have to do is program my brain to think like a physiologist for the next four days. I will find determining factors, and gradients, and catalysts, and resistance in all things! I will find myself dreaming about the hormone pathway of ovulation and cellular mechanism of the respiratory Po2 sensor. And I am not kidding. It is, however, a step up from physics exams which would induce whole evenings of dreams consisting almost entirely of equations. Two years ago, during an intense study period for my biological anthropology course, I dreamed up Homor Habilis! It was awesome because he looked just like a Habilis Homor Simpson in full animation. Your brain has some interesting ways of processing what you put it through in a single day. If you are considering going back to college, I suggest you do so, if only for the nocturnal experience.

Tomorrow will be almost a full day of study. The only good thing about all of this is that I get to sleep in. The sheer joy of not having to get up at 6:27am is enough to please this woman. I am off to summarize an endocrine system.

No comments: